Monday, 19 January 2015

Filming Day/ My Bear Grylls adventure

So yesterday, MAC 1 decided we would go to our location (pictures soon to come) and start filming. Unfortunately, this did not go to plan- AT ALL. Running late, the rest of the gang decided to head over to Hilly Fields (location) and start setting up whilst I made my way there. Using my supposedly trusty iPhone, I headed out in the biting cold as fast as I could. Upon arriving at the location, my technological sidekick decided to give up and die- the beginning of the end. I figured I would find them pretty easily, not embracing the true size of land I was dealing with. I arrived at the location at 08:40, and began my search for Mac 1. Along my journey, I received strange glares for shouting out the names of my group, grazed my knees on a thorn bush and fell into a stream. All in all, not a good morning. After circling the forest aimlessly for hours, and feeling positively hypothermic, I decided it might be best if I headed home instead- at 14:00. Returning to the glorious warmth of my house, I plugged my treacherous phone in and messaged my group as soon as I could. I felt so horrible for not being there to support my group but they were so understanding of everything!

Lessons learnt: be on time, don't trust technology, don't walk along smooth logs- you will slip.


No comments:

Post a Comment